Minimally Invasive Tendon Repair (Tenex) Procedures in Queens and Nassau County
Tendon injuries can result in damage and scarring, which can often lead to tendonitis and bone spurs. Finding the right treatment plan for these issues can be challenging and typically requires the help of a qualified and knowledgeable podiatrist. At Ideal Foot & Ankle Group, we offer minimally invasive solutions that can help speed your recovery and can promote the best outcomes for your situation. Our team is committed to the highest standards of excellence in the podiatry field.
What Is the Tenex Health System?
Designed with the help of leading podiatrists, the Tenex Health System is a minimally invasive method for treating chronic tendon pain. This treatment option uses ultrasonic energy to remove damaged tissue. Tenex uses specialized microtip technology that is designed specifically to break up damaged tissue or bone spurs without affecting the healthy tissue and bone around these areas. The precise nature of Tenex Health treatments allows for faster recovery times and increased mobility immediately after the procedure is complete.
Tenex Treatments vs. Traditional Surgeries
Unlike traditional surgeries, your Tenex procedure requires only a small incision and can be performed with local anesthetics rather than general anesthesia. You may be able to drive yourself home after your procedure. The podiatrists at Ideal Foot & Ankle Group will provide you with the most accurate information about your treatment plan and will advise you about the benefits of Tenex and what you can expect after your minimally invasive procedure.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Tendon Repair
Choosing Tenex minimally invasive surgeries can provide you with some real benefits that can impact your overall mobility and your comfort levels after the surgery is complete:
• Because Tenex Health procedures are minimally invasive, they take much less time to heal compared with traditional open surgery procedures.
• Tenex can remove the damaged portions of tendons without affecting healthy tissue. This can eliminate problems with scar tissue that could slow the recovery process.
• Tenex treatments do not require general anesthesia, can be performed on an outpatient basis and usually require between 30 minutes and an hour.
• Many of our patients report near-immediate pain relief and ongoing improvements in mobility and comfort. Regular levels of physical activity can often resume within six to eight weeks.
• Little or no scarring is expected after a Tenex Health minimal invasive tendon repair procedure. Your podiatrist may need to close the small incision with one to two stitches or an adhesive bandage.
To learn more about your options for treating tendonitis and bone spurs, contact Ideal Foot & Ankle Group today at 718-626-3338 to schedule an appointment with our team. We serve the New York area, including Queens and Nassau County, to help our patients feel their best. Our skilled and knowledgeable podiatric professionals will provide you with the best care and treatment options for your specific set of needs. We look forward to the chance to serve you.